Reading Response

              So far, The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian is a pretty easy read. The vocabulary in it is not too complicated nor is its plot. The plot is pretty straightforward, so it's not hard to follow. There is a funny kind of language that is used throughout the book. Junior makes jokes that some teenagers would find funny.

              The book discusses many important topics. So far, the racism Junior experiences in his new school is pretty prevalent. For example, he is called names and people scream racial slurs at him. This book gives an insight into what it is like for a teenage boy to be discriminated against and his experience.

Comments

  1. I agree that the book is an easy read. I feel kind of bad for Junior since he gets picked on so much. good job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can read this book as a break between work because it is easy to read. Even though it is easy to read, I still find the book interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that it is very easy to read, which I like. It is also very interesting. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that it is pretty easy to follow. I felt bad for him until he punched Roger. Good job with this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Strengths and Challenges

LOTF Response

Where Is It?