Research Topic Discussion

               My topic is about Queen Elizabeth I and my research question is about how Elizabeth I navigates her reign as a female monarch in a male-dominated world. It's interesting because Elizabeth is one of the most famous female monarchs of England, and this is because many people think that female monarchs were almost non-existent during the Middle Ages. This is simply not the case; there were many female successors to kings, and there were many female regents in various countries. I started wondering why Elizabeth really was so famous. Was it just because she was a woman, or was it the ways she handled her power?

               In my research project, I chose to explore these four categories: the Virgin Queen, the religious conflict in England, Elizabeth's treatment, and her strategies as queen. The issue of Elizabeth I is important because she was so much more than one of the first female monarchs of England. She kept her kingdom peaceful for the most part. She brought about religious reform. Elizabeth I was determined to rule her country like every other male monarch, and she did just that and more.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Strengths and Challenges

LOTF Response

Where Is It?